10/05/2015

We all fall down....

"Every one of us has had some sort of experience of leaving home, of responding to a call, of having to leave something or someone behind to journey in fidelity to who we are."
This was one of the statements on the Creighton university online Ignatian retreat for week 19 that I just opened yesturday. I was trying to catch a glimpse of a leaf releasing from a tree as I was walking My dog under the maples on the college campus near my home when a flock of geese flew over head followed then by a "murder" of crows; all answering a call I could not  hear but they could. 

Soon the landscape in this snow belt region will be bare and grey, actually by the end of this month. If the trees don't release their leaves and travel " light" through the winter season their branches will be stripped off by the heavy ice and snow. They might not recover from the damage. As I wondered what I needed to release this coming season, I ran into a few people with whom I realized I had not forgiven for what had happened in the past. God issued an ultimatum, it was time, to let that go. Let the anger and hurt go. 

Divine insight flooded my thoughts for a moment, a moment of grace. I don't have to let these folks back into my life, but they are forgiven, I have done it. God knows, I know, they know what happened and Grace has covered it. Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.  I can finally be at peace. 

No comments: