4/27/2013

Driving By The Lake On A Foggy Morning


On Friday as I was driving by the lakeshore, early in the morning, on my way to work, the fog was so heavy that the only thing seen was the outline of the trees by the guardrail. Lake, waterfowl fowl, cottages on the other side had all vanished behind a thick blanket of grey haze. It occurred to me that if I did n't know what was already there and was driving by for the very first time I would never guess the beauty just beyond the skeletal  bare tree line. Driving by in the fog of faith and not by sight, not knowing what is beyond that which is directly in front of me. I cannot see or foresee the future, sorrow, pain, happiness, joy. There is only the present moment, the fog. Driving back in the other direction, the afternoon was sunny, clear and bright. What a difference a few hours make, what a difference a day makes, or the answer to a prayer, received.

No comments: